Sunday 12 August 2012

Lebister Award & Versatile Blogger Award!

**EDITED 14/08/2012**
I've had quite a bit of discussion with both family and bloggers about these awards - and how they're getting like chain mail and not sincere at all - but I'm just taking it as a way to get to know people and it is still a good network, as it was set out to be. So in an effort to be 'keeping it real' as my friend so likes to say, I'll be adding nominees as I find good, consistent blogs that fit the criteria. As it is the holidays and I'm away again very soon, this will be even slower than I anticipated. I hope you understand.

Lebister Award

I was nominated for the Lebister award by Secretary's Nail Art (and later Lacquer Or Leave Her!) This was on my facebook a while a go but I received it while on Kendal Calling and by the time I got back in the whirlwind of work and packing - I have to say I forgot. But finally:

The rules are as following:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.

11. Things about me:
1. I live in England, my home town is Dewsbury, Yorkshire.
2. I study biomedical sciences at Newcastle, in the North East of England.
3. My sport is Archery, has been for a couple of years - and I do coaching every summer.
4. I am a member of  Girl Guiding UK.
5. Hawiaan is my favourite pizza (and burger, and toastie).
 6. I have a make up trolley to contain all my polishes and kit as I move to and fro so often. I am very jealous of those who have rooms for it - even just a corner!
7. I'm more of a club rather than a pub person - I love dancing, don't even need a drink in me for me to start!
8. My favourite puddings are apple crumble, chocolate fudge cake and lemon mirange 
9. I hope to own an owl one day  - as soon as I am in a stable myself!
10. I am obsessive with my hair - I have long, seriously thick hair, and if I had all the time in the world It would be curled every single day.
11. I have so many rhinestones and pearls and yet I rarely use them.

My 11 questions from Secretary's Nail Art:
1.What was your first response to getting this Award?
 My reaction was squealing and clapping - much like a seal. Unfortunately this was in the middle of a music festival and made a few people look at me like a weirdo!

2. Name your 3-5 favorite polishes.
  • Barry M Cyan Blue - my first and my go-to blue!
  • A-England Lady Of the Lake - recent buy  but I'll use any excuse to use it!
  • W7 Cosmic Green -  My favourite glitter ever! No questions.
  • Cult Nails Crusin' Nude - My favourite nude - not that I get the chance to wear it very often :(
3. Tea or Coffee?
I'm from Yorkshire, so tea. Only twice a month mind you - hot chocolate is normally my choice!

4. Favorite Youtuber.
RobinMoses will always make me very jealous of her originality!

5. If you stamp, whats your favorite stamping polish?
My main go to polish is Barry M's Instant Nail Effects Silver Foil.

6.What should you be doing now, instead of blogging?
Maybe creating some friendship gifts for my camp next week but apart from that not much! It's still the summer holidays for me!

7. Who`s your favorite poet, and why?
I don't read much poetry - English lit was my worse subject - but the poem that has sort of resonated with me the most will always be Ernest Hemingway's six word poem: "For sale, Baby shoes, never worn."
 
8. If you could make a polish, what would it be?
Difficult... at this point a holographic  which is long lasting and easy to apply!

9. Your favorite manicure you have ever made (link). What is it about it, that you love so much?
 Well I love owls, I love that stamp and I loved the way the way the base  turned out!

10. 5 things you have within arms length from where you sit.
The remote, my polish trolley, my camera, my phone and my Vaseline - all I need :)

11. Whats your game?
Game as in sport? Archery. I have my own kit and I'll be coaching all week at camp which I'm very excited about! I'm not a big gamer - although i'm childminding some kids at the moment and they have me obsessed with with Lego Batman. When I finally get an xbox I will definitely be getting the lego games!

Some extra q's from Laquer or Leave Her!
2) What is your favorite movie or book, and why?
Favourite movie? Classic - Never Ending Story, my childhood and yet also my nightmares.... Darn that nothing. Recent - Avengers Assemble - just so epic it doesn't need an explanation!

3) What is your guilty pleasure?
Hmmm. Probably the polish, as I spend way to much of my student loan on it! I'd say the X-men cartoons but I'm not so guilty about them!

5) Pick one word to describe yourself.
Hmmm. Difficult. I think I've most been described as 'Content'.

7) Who is your favorite artist, and why? (not nail artist, but painter, sculptor, etc.)
I don't really follow art at all. I can appreciate it but i've never really found a favourite - or at least I can't remember if I ever did... Maybe I should look into that!

9) Indoor or outdoor person?
Indoor. Definitely indoor. I'd be inside all day if you'll let me.

10) Name one thing you have or would have on your bucket list.
Go on a carnival date. Its the simple things :)

11) List 3 things that make you happy, other than nail polish.
Family, success and music.

My questions:
1. If you could create a stamping plate, what designs would it have?
2. What was your favourite subject at school?
3. What's your favourite brand?
4. Which blog most inspires you?
5. If you could create one product that could do anything, what would that be?
6. What's your favourite TV show?
7. Your favourite day dream?
8. Do you own any pets  - and if not what would you get if you could?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. What's your worst habit?
11. What has been your most difficult manicure to create?

My nominees:

Thanks to Dina and Mishka for nominating me!

Versatile Blogger Award!

Lacquer Or Leave Her also nominated me for this award too which I am very grateful for! So big thank you :)

Here is a description of the award:

  •  Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
  •  Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
  •  Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  •  Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
  •  Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

7 Things About Me:
  1. I'm a cat person.
  2. I sing. A lot. Any excuse. In fact, no excuse needed.
  3. I act like an seal when i'm excited about books/TV/movies. I get very... involved.
  4. I've read most of my books more than 4 times. At least.
  5. My eye colour is green.
  6. I'm lazy and I know it - my mum spoils me just a little ^^
  7. I'm known in mother hen as I look after people a lot. I should really be training to be a nurse. But I do volunteer with St. John Ambulance :)
Blogs to follow... Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oo, a Yorkshire girl! Hello from Leeds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) hope you were as proud of Yorkshire as me in the Olympics then! ^^

      Delete