Thursday 20 September 2012

Galaxy: Day 19 of the 31 Day Challenge

I am in love with these. I was okay with my previous attempt. But here I can see real progress - and I love that! We had a dark and dingy day so to show the true colours and shine I did resort to flash. Sorry! I'll have these on in the morning so lets hope there is a sunny day coming and I will update.

These feature real constellations!  In order of thumb to pinky these are: Ursa Major - the Great Bear, Orion - the Hunter, Gemini - the Twins, Hercules and Perseus.


galaxy-day-19-of-31-day-challenge-consetllation-nail-art
 I really loved the colours I used:
Base: Cult Nails Nevermore and A England Morgan Le Fay
Lilac - Essie Bangle Jangle
Nude - Essie Brooch the Subject
 Blue /green duochrome - Illamasqua Strike
White - Sally Hansen Insta Dry Whirlwind White

Morgan Le Fay over black could have done the job itself. It was so sparkly and shiny - Terrible to get excess off your fingers if you sponge it though! I think the nude and lilac made it quite life like but the duo chrome just made it pop and added a little something of its own.

galaxy-day-19-of-31-day-challenge-consetllation-nail-art
 See the difference?


I will definitely be doing this again. I do love sponging right now!

In other news - today I moved into my year 2 uni house! It took a lot of packing and lifting but I am unpacked and very happy... first thing to do was of course create a nail polish station!!! 

Go look at the other bloggers work - I loved their galaxies and I look forward to their attempt at the dreaded watermarble!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment