Monday 17 September 2012

Tribal: Day 16 of the 31 Day Challenge

Well this was supposed to be up hours ago but a combination or Doctor Who, crafty things on pintrest and fanfiction distracted me. Bad laptop, bad! ^.^ This nail art took a long time to do as it was my first ever tribal mani and I wanted to have a really good try at creating a
range of tribal patterns. I think I achieved that! It took so long that I missed natural light so these pictures will be replaced in the morning (after I've neatened them up after looking at some of these shots!) I do like how this one shows off the metallic:





 

I tried to base the colours at least from this tee.... at least it gave me a place to start anyway!

Base: Essie Brooch the Subject
Illamasqua Jo'mina
W7 Teal
Barry M Special Effects Gold Foil
Essie Chubby Cheeks
Black Acrylic Paint

I hadn't used Essie's before (I got some of the last Autumn collection for £2 each!) and I really loved them! The nude base I thought particularly suited my skin tone and isn't it nice to find a nail polish match! Never mind a foundation match! ;)





So I am pretty proud of this one, especially as freehand is definitely not a natural skill of mine. It'll be a shame to take it off tomorrow - I don't know if I could do another one of these as it is so time consuming. But then its MIRRORBALL TIME!!! So I won't be upset for long! See you then!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment